Sunday, July 10, 2011

CU Restaurant

So, I figured it fitting that my first official post be about the place that I eat most often (other than my own home.) 

Waterloo, Iowa is where I call home.  Our town of 60,000 is limited in restaurants that cater to the gluten free crowd, but there are more and more places that I see popping up which makes me and my belly happy.

Back in the pre-GF day, it was Sub City 2, downtown Waterloo.  In my opinion, they have the BEST steak and cheese subs anywhere although D'Angelos in Boston was an addiction of mine too, but that was way, way, back in the day.
Since, however, I went gluten free, I had to give up my subs but not my sandwiches.  Which is where CU Restaurant comes in.  Located at 320 E Fourth Street, Waterloo, Iowa (ironically just down the street from my old stomping grounds aka Sub City 2!) they have glorious gluten free menus and never disappoint.

Their menus change about twice a year and they have a good selection of hearty sandwiches, salads, sometimes soup for lunch and top notch dinners.  They even serve a gluten free creme brulee. 

If you are gluten free and in the Waterloo area, I highly recommend CU. 

You can see their menus here.

No comments:

Post a Comment