Sunday, July 10, 2011

In the beginning...

Once upon a time, I was healthy.  And then one day I wasn't.  And for ten years I was sick.  And tested for everything under the sun with no success.  Tested for everything but gluten intolerance or Celiac disease, that is.

So, imagine my surprise when I self-diagnosed my illness with my friend Google.  

I went gluten free in August 2010 and I have been healthier and happier in the past 11 months than I have been in the past 11 years.  People see it and comment on it.  I've lost weight.  My joints are happier.  My gut is happiest.

And every day I tell my husband, who still partakes in gluten-filled foods, "You know, your breadcrumbs will kill me..." hence the name of this blog. 

Will they KILL me?  No.  Probably not.  I hope not. 

But I'm not taking any chances.  And I'm gonna keep saying it to him because it makes us laugh which we had a hard time doing when I was sick.

Welcome to my blog and I hope you get something out of it.  But one thing you won't get is bread crumbs. I've left those behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment