Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Let's talk apps!


I love my iPod Touch (although I'm not so crazy about the battery life of the 4th generation!) and I'm rarely without it; I am a techno-geek and my family and friends know it! 

One of the things I love best about my iPod is the apps that I have and one of them is fabulous for gluten free living!

My favorite app is "Is that gluten free?" for groceries. There is another app called "Is that gluten free?" for eating out that I don't have but only because I don't eat out much on the road, don't do fast food anymore and I know where I can eat locally. If I have to travel, I do extensive research so I decided to forgo that one.

Currently the grocery app is $7.99 and the eating out app is $3.99 in the app store, and in my opinion, well worth every penny. I whip it out at least once every time I'm in the grocery store to check on something and have bought things with their verification.  Of course, I do a read through of the ingredients just to double check but it makes things quicker and easier.

According to their website, they are in the process of making an app for the Android and Blackberry platforms as well.

This was the last thing I bought by verifying with my app.


And the angels sang, "Hallelujah!"

So, what about you?  Have any apps that make living gluten free easier?  Talk to me.  I'm always looking for something, ANYTHING, to help me along with this thing!  I need all the help I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment