Sunday, July 17, 2011

Gluten Free Rice Krispies make this girl very happy!

So, I was doing some grocery shopping on Saturday and the local grocery store in Evansdale had a display of gluten free Rice Krispies on sale 2/$5 with a $1 off coupon and a free bag of marshmallows if purchasing two.

Yep, I bought two, got my free bag of marshmallows and skipped home gleefully to make Rice Krispie treats.  And my husband and I proceeded to eat 1/3 of the pan the first night.

So yummy!

I was talking to a couple of friends who I ran into at the grocery store and was declaring my excitement.  As I told them, I never really cared much about Rice Krispie treats before going gluten free.  Sure, I'd have one now and then but when I could no longer have them, I craved them!  Therefore, I was very happy to see my grocery store ahead of the game by getting these in and even happier that I took the initiative to buy the stuff needed and make them.  So very happy!

On another note, I want to share a link to a website that I came across today.  It is for the website Gluten Free Hot Products.  It now resides in my blogroll, but I wanted to highlight it.  It is brought by the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness but I've been scouring blogs for nearly a year and this is the first time I've come across it so I'm not sure if it doesn't get a lot of play or people just don't know about it.  It will become one of my go-to websites.   I love blogs that share information about products without overloading me, because my time is so limited.

They even have a review of the Let's Eat Gluten Free cookbook put out by the New Hampton and Waverly Celiac support groups which I found to be pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment