Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Gluten Free BBQ Beef Patties

I think a love (or hate) relationship of meatloaf is born in the Midwest. In my household, it's always been a favorite dish. Going gluten free scared me because I've eaten meatloaf often and bread crumbs are an ingredient of any good meatloaf. I've learned to overcome and adapt that one and make a rockin' meatloaf without ANY bread crumbs now.

This is a recipe that I had found on the Internet here and I so wanted to make them before going gluten free but never got around to it.  Since I had it in my stable of recipes, I decided that I could so make these just by changing the bread crumbs to a gluten free bread crumb and Voila!  I was able to make and eat these bad boys.  They're not beautiful or gourmet. They're very dense, almost like meatloaf but in burger form, and when you can't eat a bun and eat burger on a plate, a heavier version is a nice substitution.  We eat these with a side of Ore-Ida french fries that are gluten free or some kind of potato chip. I haven't made them for a while, but they permanently reside in my gluten free cookbook when I need something to fall back on, because we really like them.

BBQ BEEF PATTIES
1 lb. ground beef
1 egg
1/2 cup BBQ sauce, divided
3/4 cup gluten free bread crumbs
1 tsp. salt

Combine egg, 1/4 c. BBQ sauce, gluten free bread crumbs and salt. Add beef and mix well. Shape into 5 oval patties that are about 1/2 - 3/4 inch thick. Place in greased baking pan. Spread with remaining sauce. Bake at 375 degrees for 25- 30 minutes. Drain and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment